Many people have queries about updating information on their Aadhar Cards as we face problems going to the govt offices, CSC centers, and other computer shops to upload the details to Aadhar Cards. It become a tedious process, we have a solution for this. Now, people can update details on their Aadhar Card on their own from home. Yes, You can update your Aadhar Card from home. We have listed the steps below for updating details on the Aadhar Card. Follow the steps.
Why Update Details in Aadhar Card?
Aadhar Card is a mandatory document nowadays for address proof and identity proof. Your information should be correct and accurate. You can update the below details in your Aadhar Card.
- Address Change: People will move to another place and in that case, the Aadhar Card must have an updated address.
- Name Change: Sometimes the name on the Aadhar Card is incorrect DMC has a first name and last name but it is incorrect in the Aadhar Card, or change of name during marriage, you can change name.
- Change DOB: Sometimes the year month or date in the DOB is incorrect, people can change their DOB.
- Update Biometric: After 10 years, the govt asks you to update the biometric in the Aadhar Card. And there are other reasons to update the biometrics.
- Change gender: The govt has given the facility that you can change your gender if it is incorrect in Aadhar Card.
What are the requirements for Updating Details on an Aadhar Card?
People should check the things they need before they start to update the details on their Aadhar cards.
- Aadhar Card Number.
- Registered mobile number in the Aadhar Card as you receive OTP on that number.
- Scanned copies of docs such as address proof, identity proof, DOB proof, etc.
- Internet connection, laptop, computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Steps for Updating Details in Aadhar Card
- Go to the website of UIDAI @uidai.gov.in.
- Tap on the Update Aadhar Card online tab.
- Enter your Aadhar Card Number.
- An OTP will come to your mobile number, enter that.
- Proceed for the data update request such as name update, address update, phone update, etc.
- Upload the supporting documents.
- Then, you should choose the name of BPO (Business Process Outsource) name.
- Review the details in the Aadhar Card form.
- You will receive an Acknowledgment slip, the slip will have a URN number, and with this number, you can track your update request.